For every WAG production our parents step up and volunteer their time in support of their kids’ participation. But what happens when the curtain goes down on one production and before it rises on the next?
WAVE helps by offering service year round, in various ways from increasing fund raising opportunities, offering cleaning services, providing maintenance services to reduce costs spent on minor upkeep, to whatever opportunity arises based on the skills you have to offer.
For every activity that comes up email requests will go out to WAVE seeking volunteers to meet the need.
- Kids Night Out where parents can drop their children off at WAG and WAVE provides leadership and fun activities.
- Allen Convention Vending Services where groups of 12 volunteers sell concessions at an event.
- Weekly Cleaning walk-through making sure any messes left behind from renters, or play practices, are cleaned up.
To show our appreciation WAVE members receive some special recognition.
- A special WAVE t-shirt available for purchase at cost.
- Volunteer 4 hours and you’ll be recognized in a special WAVE section of WAG playbills.
- Volunteer 40 hours and you’ll receive a special Thank You from Friends of WAG. If you are already a Friend of WAG you will receive a complimentary level increase. If you are not already a Friend of WAG, you will be recorded as a Friend of WAG at the entry level and noted as such in future playbills.
WAVE leaders will be tracking hours worked so if you happen to work for a business which gives back to the community with volunteer tracking we can provide and verify hours.
Help us keep Wylie Acting Group for Children what it was meant to be, for the Children, a place to learn about theatre, a place to have fun, a place to perform and a place where families can participate without financial burdens.
Join the WAVE – Your Time Can Make a Difference!